Next: 3 Supplementary Material
Up: Lab 4: Adder/Subtractor
Previous: 1 Prelab
- Design a 4-bit adder using the half adders.
- Using a decoder add a sel and the needed components to be able
to select whether your design acts as a 4-bit adder or 4-bit subtractor.
- Simulate your circuit and verify its operation. You will need to try
enough combinations to verify that the results of the addition and
subtraction along with
- Add the BCD decoder you designed in last week's lab to output the
add/subtractor so you can display the output on you 7-segment display.
- Connect your sel and your inputs to hardware switches, and
connect the output to the 7-segment display.
Copyright © 2008, Electrical Engineering Department, New Mexico Tech
Last Modified 2008-09-24