Up: Lab 9: Computer Control
Previous: 1 Prelab
- Assign op codes to each instruction in the instruction set.
- Write a Verilog program to implement the control unit.
- To improve readability you should use PARAMETER to
assign values that are frequently used in your program,
e.g., op codes.
- You should also provide default values for the control
- Simulate the control unit in Altera. What happens when RESET
is low? Test with different values for INST and check that
the control unit cycles through the appropriate states for that
instruction and that the control signals are what you expect. Test
the JCS command both when the carry is set and when the carry
is not set.
Copyright © 2008, Electrical Engineering Department, New Mexico Tech
Last Modified 2008-11-14