Next: 3 Supplementary Material
Up: Lab 3: Decoders and
Previous: 1 Prelab
- Place a block of 8 DIP switches on your breadboard, see
- Connect each lead on one side to VCC.
- Put a 1k resistor from each of the leads on the other side to
ground. Also on this side, place a row of 8 pin headers so that you
have outputs from all of these switches.
- Use Figure 6 for the pin labels.
- Now that you have all the hardware setup. Design the
BCD-to-seven-segment decoder and test it using different inputs using
the dip switches.
- Implement your multiplexer program that you developed in the
MAX II micro board
MAX II micro board with pin headers
I/O map of prototyping areas
Copyright © 2008, Electrical Engineering Department, New Mexico Tech
Last Modified 2009-09-22