Introduction to Design
First Class of the New Year is
January 18, 2017
Instructors: Anders Jorgensen and Rene Arechiga, Electrical Engineering Dept, New Mexico Tech.
Location: Workman 116
MW 14:00 to 16:50 hrs.
Course Credit: 3 cr.
Prerequisites: EE 308 (and EE 308L) - Microcontrollers, EE 321 (and EE 321L ) - Analog Electronics, EE 333 - Electricity and Magnetism, EE 341 - Signals and Systems. Must have declared Electrical Engineering as major.
A course in design methodology as applied to a particular problem in electrical engineering. For a given project, students will integrate their formal course work with the use of computer - aided tools to design, construct, evaluate, and document a prototype system.
- Work in teams
- Implement key aspects of a design process
- Design and build a prototype electronic system
- Conduct experiments to characterize and verify design
- Communicate aspects of the design process through oral presentations and written documents
- Manage the design process adhering to a fixed schedule
Updated Jan. 18, 2017 (R. Arechiga)