EE 211 Section 1
Homework Assignment 1
Due Aug. 28, 1998
- Problem 1-3 from the text:
Express the following quantities using appropriate engineering prefixes (e.e.,
state the numeric value to the closest prefix).
- 2,200,000 volts
- 2300 x 10-9 farads
- 6200 ohms
- 7.52 x 105 joules
- 0.000235 henrys
- Problem 1-6 from the text:
The decibel (dB) is one tenth of a bel. The number of dB in a power ratio
is defined to be 10 log10(p2/p1). Signal
power levels are often specified in dBm, which is the number of deciblels
referenced to a power level of p1 = 1 milliwatt.
- Express the following power levels in dBm: 60 W, 10
microwatts, and 8 kW.
- Express the following power levels in W: 60 dBm, -35 dBm, and 200 dBm.
- Send me an email (at
with the following information in it:
- Email address
- List of college math courses completed
- List of math courses currently taking
- List of college computer science courses completed
- List of computer science courses currently taking
- List of college physics courses completed
- List of physics courses currently taking