Homework Assignment 1
Due Jan. 24, 2001
Note: All the following problems can be easily done with a calculator.
However, be sure that you are able to do them by hand, as calculators will not
be allowed on the first exam. I suggest you do them by hand, and use a
calculator to check your answers.
- Convert the following binary numbers to their hexadecimal
- Convert the numbers of Problem 1 to their unsigned decimal equivalents.
- Consider the following hexadecimal numbers as unsigned. Find their
- Convert the following unsigned decimal numbers to their 16-bit hexadecimal
- Consider the following hexadecimal 8-bit numbers as unsigned.
Find their decimal equivalents:
- Repeat Problem 5, considering the numbers as signed.
- Convert the following signed decimal numbers to 8-bit hexadecimal