Homework Assignment 1
Due Aug. 29, 1997
- The electrostatic force between two like ions that are separated by a
distance of 5.0 x 10-10m is 3.7 x 10-9N.
- What is the charge on each ion?
- Each ion has a mass of 4.68 x 10-26 kg. What is the
magnitude of the gravitational force between the two ions?
- Compare the magnitude of the gravitational and electric forces.
- Three point charges of +4.0 x 10-6 C are fixed at the corners
of an equilateral triangle of side 10 cm. What force (magnitude and
direction) acts on a typical charge?