Homework Assignment 2
Due Sept. 5, 1997
- Two charges are located as shown below.
q1 = 1 x 10-6C and
q2 = 3 x 10-6C. q2 is located 12 cm from
- Sketch the electric field around the charges.
- Is there any place where the electric field is equal to zero? If so,
- Plot Ex vs. x for x = -1 m to +1 m along the x axis.
(Using MATLAB will make this easier.)
- Calculate E at the point P in the figure below.
- Problem 1.1 from the text.
- Problem 1.2 from the text. Use MATLAB to make the plots.
- Problem 1.4 from the text.
- Problem 1.5 from the text.
- Problem 1.8 from the text.