Homework Assignment 5
Due Sept. 26, 1997
- It is important to be able to quickly find the wavelength of a signal on a
transmission line when you use the Smith chart. Show that
lambda = 1/(f C' Zo) = co/(f sqrt(er))
where co is the speed of light in vacuum, and
er is the relative dielectric constant of the dielectric
between the conductors.
- A 10 meter long RG-58A transmission line (Zo = 50 ohms, C'
= 29.6 pF/m) is connected to an antenna with a load impedance of 75 - j
33 ohms. The line is driven with a frequency of 100 MHz.
- Find the reflection coefficient.
- Find the standing wave ratio.
- Find the input impedance at the generator end of the transmission line.
- Find the input admittance at the generator end of the transmission line.
- Problem 2.25 from the text.
- Problem 2.28 from the text.
- Problem 2.29 from the text.
- Problem 2.31 from the text.
- Problem 2.33 from the text.
- Problem 2.34 from the text.
- Problem 2.37 from the text.
- Problem 2.38 from the text.