Homework Assignment 10
Due Oct. 31, 1997
- Problem 4.11 from the text.
- Problem 4.12 from the text. Note: The two spheres are both centered on
- The field inside a one-dimensional semiconductor pn junction is
for 0 <= x <= xn. Here q is the absolute value of the charge
of an electron, and ND is the number of donor impurity atoms per
unit volume. Find the charge density.
- Find the electric field generated by the charge distribution
Find the symmetry in the field, and use Gauss's law to calculate E.
- The fair-weather electrostatic field above the earth's surface has the
where a, b, c and d are positive constants and z is the height above the
- Determine the charge density p(z) as a function of height.
- Find the total charge within a vertical column from z = 0 to infinity with
cross-sectional area A.