Homework Assignment 15
Due Dec. 5, 1997
- Problem 5.19 from the text.
- Problem 5.20 from the text.
- Problem 5.21 from the text.
- Consider a toroid like the one in Figure 5-18, except that the
cross-section of the toroid is square -- looking at the toroid cut down the
middle, you would see this:
Find the self-inductance of the toroid. (Note: the field in the toroid is
still given by Equation 5.50.)
- Calculate the inductance of the toroid of Problem 4 in another way:
- Find the energy stored in the toroid of Problem 4
using Equation 5.106 from the text.
- Using Equation 5.103 from the text and the result from Part (a), find
the inductance of the toroid, and show it is the same as you found in Problem
- Consider the toroid of Problem 4. Assume a secondary coil with
N2 loops is wrapped around the toroid. Find the mutual inducatance
L12 between the two coils.