EE 333 Overview
- Fundamentals of Applied Electromagnetics by Fawwaz T. Ulaby,
Prenitce-Hall Publishing, 1997.
- The lectures are Monday Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 - 9:50
in Speare 116.
- Help Session:
General Outline (Tentative):
- The help session is Thursday at 7:00 PM in Workman 109.
- Introduction (1 week)
- Transmission Lines (4 weeks)
- Review of Vector Calculus (3 weeks)
- Electrostatics (3 weeks)
- Magnetostatics (3 weeks)
- Introduction to Maxwell's Equations (1 week)
- The goal of the course will be for a conceptual understanding
of electric and magnetic fields, and the role they play in other areas of
electrical engineering -- e.g., what capacitance and inductance are, and where
the equations relating current and voltage for capacitors and inductors come
from. We will also spend a significant amount of time studying transmission
lines, which will introduce the concepts of electromagnetic waves,
characteristic impedances, line termination, etc.