EE 342 - Objectives
The objectives of the linear systems sequence are for the student to be
able to analyze a linear time-invariant system, and to design simple control
systems and filters. EE 341 covers time-domain and frequency-domain
representations of linear systems. EE 342 will cover transfer function
representation of linear systems.
To accomplish this, the student will be able to:
- Describe the basics of linear time-invariant systems and systems.
- Find the transfer function representation of a continuous-time system
using Laplace transforms
- Analyze a continuous-time system using Laplace transforms
- Design continuous-time Butterworth filters
- Analyze and design simple control systems
- Find the transfer function representation of a discrete-time system
using z transforms
- Design discrete-time filters and controllers
- Use state space techniques to analyze simple continuous and discrete time
- Use MATLAB to generate computer implementations of the techniques for
analysis and design of linear systems discussed in this course.