EE 352 Overview
- The Indispensable PC Hardware Book, 3rd edition
by Hans-Peter Messmer, Addison-Wesley, 1997.
- A book on C for the PC, such as C: The Complete Reference, 3rd edition by Herbert Schildt, Osborne-McGraw
- Interfacing to the IBM Personal Computer, 2nd edition by Lewis Eggebrecht, SAMS,
1990 (on reserve in the Library).
- The lectures are Friday from 2:00 - 4:00 PM
in Workman 109.
General Outline (Tentative):
- There is no formal lab associated with the course. You will be
required to do several lab projects on your own.
- Introduction to the Intel 80386 Family of Microprocessors
- Introduction to the C Programming Language and the DJGPP C Compiler
- Using C to Interact with PC Hardware
- The PC ISA Bus Hardware and Timing
- Design of a PC Interface Card
- Interacting with the MS-DOS Operating System
- Using Interrupts on the PC
- Direct Memory Access (DMA) on the PC
© 2001, New Mexico Tech