EE 352 Project 1
Parallel Port Communications
Set up a hardware and software protocol for communicating
between two computers using their parallel ports. Use the disscusion on pages
941-942 of Messmer as a guideline.
- Decide on a handshaking protocol.
- Wire a cable to implement your protocol.
- Write a program to transmit and receive data over the parallel port.
- If a filename is specified on the command line, send that file to the other computer.
- If no filename is specified, send anything from the standard input to the other computer.
- Use interrupts to receive anything sent from the other computer.