Homework Assignment 2
Due Sept. 6, 2000
- Problem 2.7 (a) (c) (d) (j) (m)
- Problem 2.29 (a) (c). If x(n) has N terms and h(n) has M terms, how
many terms does y(n) = x(n) * h(n) have?
- Problem 2.30. Use MATLAB to plot the impulse responses of the two
- Consider the three systems shown in Figure P2.48 (page 145).
- Write difference equations for each of the systems.
- Redraw the systems using the Direct Form II stucture.
- Classify the systems as FIR or IIR.
- Consider the system described by the difference equation
y[n] = y[n-1] + y[n-2] + x[n-1]
- Find the first 10 values of the impulse response of the system. Note
that this is the Fibonnaci sequence, where f[n] = f[n-1] + f[n-2],
with f = 0, and f = 1.
- Find an analytical expression for impulse response of the system.
- Find the value of f from the expression in (b).