Homework Assignment 5
Due Oct. 4, 1996
- Problem 4.20 from Orfanidis. In addition, write the state space matrices
for the transposed system.
- A discrete-time system has the impulse response
| 3 n = 0
y(n) = | 2 n = 1
| cos(pi n/4) n >= 2
- Find the difference equation which describes the system
which generates this response.
- Use MATLAB to verify your result. I.e., use MATLAB to generate y(n) for
n = 0:9, and use the MATLAB dimpulse function to generate the
impulse response from the difference equation. Show that they are the same.
- Consider the following difference equation:
y(n) + 0.2 y(n-1) - 0.48 y(n-2) = x(n) - 2 x(n-1) + 2 x(n-2)
- Find the step response of the difference equation.
- Use the MATLAB dstep function to verify your result.
- Problem 5.2 from Orfanidis.
- Problem 5.3 (a) and (b) from Orfanidis.
- Problem 5.4 from Orfanidis.