Homework Assignment 3
Due Sep. 15, 1999
- Look at Lab 3
- Find the impulse response h[n] for the difference equation.
- Find the frequency response H(ejw).
- Use MATLAB to plot the magnitude and phase of the frequency response.
- Problem 2.44, parts (a) - (d). This should be easy using the symmetry
properties of the Fourier transform. If you are doing a lot of math, you are
approaching the problem in the wrong way. Hint: Look for symmetry and time
shifts in x[n].
Find the impulse response for a system which has the following
/ 0 |w| < pi/4
H = -
\ 1 pi/4 < |w| < pi
- Use MATLAB to plot h[n] for n = -20 to 20.
Determine the Fourier transform of
/ 1 -N <= n <= N
h[n] = -
\ 0 otherwise
- Use MATLAB to plot the frequency response of h[n] for N = 10. You should
be able to get this into a nice closed form.
- Problem 2.52. Again, this is very easy using properties of the
Fourier transform, and should involve very little math.
- Problem 2.53