Objectives for EE321, Part 2, Diodes
We will cover all of chapter 3 and section 9 in chapter 12 in Sedra and Smith.
The educational objectives for this part (the lectures, homework, labs and test will all be directed toward achieving these objectives) are:
- Design circuits using ideal diodes (rectifier, limiter).
- Analyze diode circuits that include R, C, and ideal op amps. Determine the bias conditions.
- Graphically analyze diode-resistor circuits.
- Comprehend the pn junction and how it works.
- Comprehend diode data sheets.
- All these objectives also apply to zener diodes