Objectives for EE321, Part 1, Signals, Amplifiers, and OP-AMPS
We will cover all of chapters 1 and 2, sections 1 and 2 in chapter 8
and Appendix F in Sedra and Smith.
The educational objectives for this part (the lectures, homework, labs and test will all be directed toward achieving these objectives) are:
For Chapter 1
- Comprehend the way signals can be represented.
- Apply amplifier models and ideas.
- Analyze amplifiers interconnections using models.
- Analyze single-time-constant circuits.
- Graphically analyze the response of amplifiers.
- Design voltage dividers.
The objectives for the second chapter apply to op-amps
- Comprehend data sheets, and the dc output changes due to
offset voltage, and bias current changes.
- Analyze the dc output changes due to input resistance and output resistance.
- Analyze the dynamical effects of f_t, slew rate and saturation.
- Design circuits using the standard configurations.