EE342 Problem Set 12
DUE F 05/07/1999
- Download the data file cowboy.dat from my web page. It is the sampled
speech (sampling frequency of f_s = 8192Hz) of a man saying "cowboy" with
some frequency specific noise included.
- Plot the speech data versus discrete-time sample number.
- Compute the DFT of the speech data and plot its magnitude spectrum
versus frequency in Hz. Where are the largest frequency components?
- Assuming the man's voice is the smallest of the substantial frequency
components, design a digital filter to filter out the higher frequency
- Filter the speech data via a recursive difference equation representing
- Plot your filtered signal versus discrete-time as well as its magnitude
spectrum versus frequency in Hz. Also listen to the filtered speech data
if possible. Comment on the effects of your filtering. Did you remove the