Preliminary Design Review - Presentation
Time/Date/Place: 02:00pm on Th 04/02 in MSEC 101
The preliminary design review is a presentation to convey
details of your design and overall progress. The ultimate
goal is an honest assessment of all aspects of the project.
- 15-18 minutes in length, 20 minutes total with questions;
- all team members are expected to speak;
- order will be teams 5 through 1;
- a TCC computer and projector are available in the room;
- assume your audience is technically knowledgeable, but not aware
of the design problem on which you are working;
- dress will be business casual;
- suggested outline:
- Title Slide that identifies the project and
- Overview Slide that shows the general outline
and direction of the presentation.
- General Description of the project at a level anyone
- Problem Statement including a summary of initial
statement given by the client and how it has changed
- Overview of System Design including how overall
system functions in terms of its subsystems and interfaces,
and design alternatives and choices. A block diagram might
be useful here.
- Technical Description of Major Subsystems including
specifications; design; key components; and supporting
material from analysis, simulations or experiments.
- Test Plan identifying tests and evaluations
that will be done to verify performance.
- Project Status including tracking and plans for
tasks, schedule and budget.
- Problems and Risks honestly identifing
all potential problems or risks, and how you plan
to deal with them.
- Conclusion briefly summarizing presentation
with future work (next steps).
- Backup Slides with details not appropriate for
presentation, but useful as backup or in a handout
such as detailed gantt charts, budgets, diagrams, etc.