EE382: Introduction to Design
- NMT Robots placed 2, 4, 8, 9, 11, 19 at
the international competition
- IEEE Intelligent Systems Magazine
article (pages 5,6) on fire-fighting competition with
picture of NMT Kokopelli team
Spring 2000 Schedule: TR 2:00pm-5:00pm
in Workman 187 and 189
Mentors: Ben Hoover, Khanh Ngo, Julie Wiens
- Design and build a mobile robot capable of competing in the
Trinity College Fire
Fighting Home Robot Contest or other mobile robot project
approved by instructors.
- Develop teaming skills, oral and written communication skills,
and ability to decompose large problems.
- In-depth knowledge of the MC68HC12 microcontroller.
- Analog and digital circuit design.
- Principles of linear time-invariant systems.
- Proficiency in C programming.
Inspiration to Implementation", 2nd Edition by Joseph Jones,
Anita Flynn, and Bruce Seiger
Schedule of Evaluations, Presentations,
Reports, and Contests:
- Closed-loop speed and wall-following control
- Main program must be in 'C'
- Neat and clean final design with good connectors
- Each group will provide HC12 evaluation board, multimeter,
logic probe, wire strippers, proto-board, and other basic tools (e.g.,
screwdrivers, pliers, etc.)