EE382: Introduction to Design
Spring 1999 Schedule: TR 2:00pm-6:00pm
in Workman 189 with lectures at 3:30pm
Office: Workman 221, Phone: (505)835-5708,
Office Hours: MWRF 11:00am-12:00pm
and by appointment
Mentors: Meisha Collins, George McCone,
Donald Sheridan, John Sinnott
- Design and build a mobile robot capable of competing in the
Trinity College Fire
Fighting Home Robot Contest or other mobile robot project
approved by instructors.
- Develop teaming skills, oral and written communication skills,
and ability to decompose large problems.
- In-depth knowledge of the MC68HC11 microcontroller.
- Analog and digital circuit design.
- Principles of linear time-invariant systems.
- Proficiency in C programming.
Inspiration to Implementation", 2nd Edition by Joseph Jones,
Anita Flynn, and Bruce Seiger
Schedule of Evaluations, Presentations,
Reports, and Contests:
- All control must be closed-loop
- Main program must be in 'C'
- No wire-wrapped boards other than HC11 expansions at project end
- Only good connectors at project end
- Each group will provide HC11 evaluation board and multimeter